Arise & Shine Your Light into a Dark World
Bible Nugget 0221 [Isaiah 60 v 1 – 3 KJV]
1Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.
2For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.
3And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.
Light is superior and master to darkness. When light appears on a scene darkness gives way. The Bible says, God is light and in him there is no darkness at all and that God covers himself with light as a garment. The more we stay in the presence of God, the more the light of God reflects on us. Moses stayed in the presence of God for forty days and forty nights and when he came down from the mountain, the children of Israel could not look at the face of Moses because his face shone with a powerful reflection of God’s glory. The desire of God is that his children beam his glory to the world because gross darkness covers the world without them as they carry the image of Christ. There is collective darkness and individual darkness. Collective darkness covers a nation, a group of people or tribe, a clan and families. The devil is the prince of darkness and he has veiled the hearts of men so that they should not understand the glorious gospel of Jesus. Individual darkness is the intensity of darkness spiritually in a person’s life. Jesus wants to beam his light into such a soul because he says “I am the light of the world” and anyone who does not know Jesus is walking in darkness. A Christian should not allow an iota of darkness into his life, nor allow darkness to propagate in the lives of others around him. Today the question God is asking is you is, if you have allowed your heart to become room to darkness, how great is that darkness. Let the glorious light of Jesus shine into every area of your life today, and your life will attract others to Christ as you live your life under God’s presence. God will attract all men and women, both small and great to himself through your light. If your light is already shining, shine even brighter. Do not hide your light or allow the enemy to veil it from shining.
1. Oh LORD let your light shine brighter and brighter in my life unto the perfect day of the second coming of our LORD Jesus Christ in Jesus Name.
2. I arise out of every form of darkness. You darkness, I am light because I reflect the glory of God in Jesus Name.
3. I refuse to cooperate or harbour any form of evil in my life in Jesus Name.
4. Oh Lord, deliver my soul. Transform me completely into your kingdom in Jesus Name.
5. Oh Lord deliver this nation and every nation from the darkness envelope of the enemy. Break every barrier hindering the gospel and the word of God spreading to every nation and tribe in Jesus Name.
6. Oh Lord let your light in my life shine with full intensity and attract others into your kingdom in Jesus Name.
7. Boldly repeat many times and see the light of God flood your soul: I dwell in the light; my heart is full of light; my family and loved ones are full of light; my house, my car or anywhere I am at any moment is full of light. Darkness vanish from my life and around me in Jesus Name. Amen.