BRANDED BY CHRIST
Bible Nugget 0305 [GAL 6: 17, KJV]
17From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.
Being an ardent believer in Christ is not showmanship. It is a separation from darkness to light, from weak to strong, from defeat to victory, from mourning to dancing, from sadness to joy and from disgrace to favour. The gifts and calling of God is without repentance, that is, God will not abandon someone who is walking in the light, doing the will of God and working in His vineyard. The person serving the Lord fervently is not perturbed by the persecution he receives because he has more important things on his mind: to know what the Lord wants to do next.
The mark of Christ is a mark of ownership by Christ. We all know slave trade was evil (except those still living in the dark ages), but lets compare it to what happens in a typical slave market. It means the person is sold out. He is already branded by his master, so anyone trying to offer a higher price is wasting his or her time. Paul is telling us in the above verse that he is branded for Christ. I am branded for Christ. What about you? The amplified version describes the verse vividly as follows:
17From now on let no person trouble me [by [l]making it necessary for me to vindicate my apostolic authority and the divine truth of my Gospel], for I bear on my body the [brand] marks of the Lord Jesus [the wounds, scars, and other outward evidence of persecutions–these testify to His ownership of me]!
Spiritually, one can only have one master at a time. God can be your Father of the devil can be your master.
Eph 2: 1-2 reads:
1And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
2Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
So the question at this time is who do you want to be your master? Make Jesus the Lord and Master of your life and you become branded for Christ.
Prayer Nugget 0305
Decree the following prayers upon your self:
- I am branded for Christ I have been delivered from darkness to light. Let the glorious light of the gospel shine perpetually upon me in Jesus Name.
- Oh Lord, preserve my soul and my life from every spiritual and physical danger as I proclaim your word in Jesus Name.
- Oh Lord I release myself unto you. You are the potter and I am the clay. Meld me, make me and use me to do your will in Jesus Name.
- Every troubler’s of my Israel (or my peace) receive the stones of Fire in Jesus Name.
5. Oh Lord, let your seal of ownership by the blood of Jesus become more and more vivid in my life in Jesus Name.