Bible Trivia 03
Bible Nugget 0404
What are the Seven Bulwark of a Christian’s Faith?
[2 Peter 1 : 5-8]
5And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
8For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Fortify your faith in arithmetic progression with these Godly Characters like a fortified City with progressively higher outer walls.
1. Virtue – that is valour, [spiritual energy or manliness]. Philippians 4 v 13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
2. Knowledge – that is, intelligence subject to the Holy Spirit
3. Temperance – that is, self control
4. Patience – that is, perseverance, steadfastness, endurance
5. godliness – the Godly nature of the man, Christ [ piety]
6. Brotherly love – unfailing love affection for the brethren [Heb 13:1 Let brotherly love continue.]
7. Charity – that is, Agape love or Christian love not expecting to be paid back [Collosians 3:14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.]
Prayer Nugget 0404
1. Oh Lord, fortify my life with the virtue of [————, mention them one by one] in the mighty name of Jesus
2. Every satanic arrow or arrow of the wicked directed to harm my faith, return back to the sender in the name of Jesus.
3. Lord fill my heart with your love, I shall not be lacking in showing brotherly love or agape love in Jesus Name.
4. Oh Lord, perfect my life with your character. Let me be your example on earth in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.